InstaDeep Ltd is a leading company that develops cutting-edge artificial intelligence products and solutions for major global and local clients in Europe, the US, Africa, and the Middle East. We focus on developing enterprise decision making systems that solve existing problems across a range of industries using advanced machine learning, reinforcement learning, and deep learning. Our expertise spans research, product and solution development, allowing the whole end-to-end solution to be developed in-house across our teams in London, Paris, Lagos, Cape Town, Dubai, and Tunis.
Our proactive approach to research, combined with a broad spectrum of high-quality clients, ensures a challenging and exciting environment to work and thrive. In our mission to stay ahead of the curve, we are proud to partner with firms such as BioNTech SE, Google DeepMind, Nvidia and Intel, and world-class universities such as Oxford, Imperial College and French Universities.
InstaDeep is looking for a Computational Biologist to join our expanding team. Computational Biologists at InstaDeep develop algorithms and data pipelines focused mainly, but not exclusively, on structural biology. In collaboration with research engineers and other computational biologists from the BioAI team, you will be contributing to the development of new approaches in molecular modelling, protein interactions, protein designs and other related domains, by applying your technical, analytical, and research skills. You will understand the underlying bioinformatics and business problems and follow the latest developments in both machine learning and classical modelling algorithms to identify and harness the right technologies to solve the problems, improve the existing solutions and take part in the commercial deployment of their solution. You will collaborate with a multi-functional team, experiment with different approaches, analyse and communicate the results, in order to deliver proof of concepts, minimum viable products, and ensure continuous improvement and maintenance for industrialised solutions.
Keywords: Computational Biology, Structural Biology, Molecular Modelling, Protein Interactions, Protein Design, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Statistics, Data Science
- Design, implement and deliver complex pieces of research and engineering in the area of computational.
- Use classical and/or deep learning biology tools and large biological databases to perform protein design, molecular modelling, and other relevant tasks.
- Communicate and collaborate with research engineers in a multi-functional team with an open-minded and research-driven aptitude.
- Conduct rigorous data analysis and statistical modelling to understand the underlying architecture of biological data and hidden biases in machine learning models.
- Report results clearly and efficiently, both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Understand and follow the latest developments in both biology and machine learning for structural biology and relevant applications.
- Write high-quality, maintainable, and modular code together with concise documentation.
- Master, PhD degree or equivalent experience in Structural Biology, Bioinformatics, Data Science or related scientific field.
- The ideal candidate must have extensive experience working with large biological datasets, databases (PDB, Uniprot, etc.) and their API technologies as well as some hands-on experience in machine learning, natural language processing, or deep learning applied to biological problems.
- Relevant areas of experience might include, but are not limited to, direct application computational methods (Deep Learning or Classical) to protein engineering, drug discovery, investigation of allosteric interactions or other functionally important conformational changes in biological molecules, structure/design prediction for proteins, analysis of effects of mutations on protein function and interactions, sequence/-or-/structure based evaluation of protein-based signalling, modelling of protein-protein interactions, or study of fundamental biophysical problems, such as protein folding.
- Good software engineering experience (Python, Docker, Linux, Git).
- Experience with protein structure modelling and/or simulation is desired.
- Experience working with structural biology related tools such as PyMol.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Appropriate work permit for the considered location.
NICE TO HAVE
- Wet-lab experience in protein purification, crystallography, cloning, molecular biology.
- Relevant experience in relational querying biological databases experience.
- Relevant experience in parallel programming.
- Relevant experience in high-performance computing is a plus.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Working in small, diverse teams where you can make an impact.
- Varied challenges across industries.
- Cooperation across European, US, and African offices.
- Annual offsite events.